If you have attended our 5K event in the past, you have probably noticed signs along the course route with pictures of organ, eye, and tissue donors and of transplant recipients. These signs are a visual reminder of the importance of donation and the many lives that are affected. If you would like to honor a loved one or celebrate the gift of life with a memorial picture on the event course, please follow the steps below. The cost of the sign is $20. If you have a team of 20 or more people registered for the Gift of Life Walk/Run, DonorConnect will cover the cost of the sign for you. The deadline for ordering a sign is August 16, 2021.
- Step 1 – Complete and submit the appropriate release form.
- Step 2 – Email the picture you would like displayed on the sign to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include what you would like written on the sign. See the pictures below for examples. It must be brief and something along the lines of:
- Mary. Mom, Friend, Scuba diver. Donor Hero, Saved 3 Lives. OR
- Bob. Husband, grandfather, avid golfer, Grateful Liver Transplant Recipient.
- Step 3 – Submit payment via PayPal, or rally your family and friends to join your team. A large team not only gets DonorConnect to cover the cost of your sign, but it also makes for a fun day.
We look forward to seeing you at the Gift of Life Walk/Run this year.
These are some of the memorial pictures you will see along the course route. Some celebrate the second chance at life that was made possible through organ, eye, and tissue donation. Others honor those who chose to be a hero and saved lives.